Renaissance Diary Entry 4
I woke up and thought, “I wish there was more land than just
the territory of England to visit”. Then
I realized the value of explorers. That is just one reason out of many for why
we should explore the world, which I believe is flat. The Church is lying, I
can tell. A month ago I saw this one man he had an Italian accent and spoke of
dreams to find a northwestern path to Asia. I think I recall that his name was
John. Then his surname is something that starts with a “c”, wait CA. Oh I
remember his name is John Cabot! I just sat around looking like I had no
interest in it but honestly I was curious. Now I think he found a route! He
founded Newfoundland if I remember correctly. I don’t understand how he was
able to claim Asia if the eastern coast was completely populated according to
the… Well Asians.
Once I got to work Shakespeare said that he was thinking
about creating a play about exploring some of Asia, from inspiration of Marco
Polo. Now that I think about it, Marco polo’s book really did change the world
because of people wanting to be like him. Shakespeare said he wanted the
explorer to explore the northern Asia and come across scary creatures and
basically the tale of him getting problems, like food shortage, monsters, and
overcoming them. We took ideas from Marcos book but in the end we decided to
scrap the idea, but still Marco polo was important in all explorations because
he was the original explorer of the renaissance.
I was escorted home using the horse carriage. When I got
home my wife told me that she saw Marco’s book being sold, and John Cabot
buying one, oh the irony. She said that john Cabot told her to say Hello from him;
I guess I did make an impression on Cabot.
After a while I went to the haystack. Then slept.
No comments:
Post a Comment